I read this quote today, and I really need to remember it...
"everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. we want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we wanted them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." joseph f. smith
I've been having a bit of a hard time with waiting for a placement, and I know that everything is in the Lord's time, and that when our placement comes, that will be the placement that we were supposed to get, but sometimes that doesn't make it easier. Until I get reminded of it again in a slightly different way, like I was today with the above quote. It will happen, and yes, I am learning patience, the hard way. Maybe the only way, but it is hard. I just have to hold on and keep praying, and we will get a baby in our home.
2 comments:
yes, you will. but out of curiosity. how long have you been waiting and what state? it seems crazy that it would take a really long time unless you have very specific requests. which is understandable with 3 other kids in the house.
J-momma - We are in Utah, and we have been waiting for 6 months so far. We have said no to things like sexual reactivity and major aggression, but we are way open to a lot of things like drug exposure, etc. We are also only taking up to 2 kids ages 2 and under, which I'm sure is limiting us. We'll just have to see!
Post a Comment