CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a Day

This day said, "Hmmm... The twins were good at the meeting yesterday, and it was a pretty good day, so today I'm going to let Crystal have it!!"  Really.  It started right off.  Ashley WOULD NOT get out of bed to go to school.  (And, yes, I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the kid that has been picking on her at school.  She has told me numerous times today that she was just tired.  I've asked many different ways at different times, all non-threatening.)  I'm talking full out fit with kicking and the works.  Bryan was able to get her to go, but she was late.  Bryan took her to school on his way to work and she had to go into the office and say she was late.  Unfortunately, it sounds like the school was all "Oh!  That's fine!  Just go ahead to class!"  No, it's not fine.  But, anyways, I get calmed down and by noon I'm doing okay.  It takes me a little while to get calmed down after getting so stressed out.  Then, at 2 o'clock (15 minutes before school gets out) I get a call from Ashley's teacher saying that Ashley cut her hair at school!!!!!!!  I'm not talking a little trim, there is a HUGE chunk taken out of the back of her hair clear up to her hairline.  Like 3 inches across!  I thank Mrs. Marshall for calling and leave to pick Ashley up at the bus stop.  I'm very calm (really!).  I'm not even mad, I'm just really sad and disappointed that she would do something like that, and she also lied to her teacher about it saying that I let her do that sort of thing (!!!) which of course her teacher saw right through.  So, I don't say anything about it when she gets off the bus, don't want to get into it until we can sit and talk, but Ashley brings it up as soon as we get home before I have a chance to ask about it.  And lies again saying that another girl did it to her and she didn't notice until it was already done.  Wow.  I sat her down and very calmly explain to her that her teacher called me, so I already know what happened, and I know that she was the one who did it.  She knew she was busted.  We had a good talk.  She said, again, that she didn't want to go to school that morning because she was tired, not anything else (and I asked her specifically if she was scared or worried or bored or anything).  She also told me that she cut her hair, essentially, to get back at us for making her go to school this morning, and that she lied both times because she didn't want to get in trouble.  No big surprise.  I asked her if she knew what would have been easier, and she said, unprompted, that it would have been easier to have not done it in the first place (Right answer!!  Maybe I'm not a total failure, although I feel like it today.).  I'm drained, and now I need to figure out a cute haircut that we can give to Ashley that is short enough to fix her hair.  Oh, and did I mention that pictures are in a week and a half?  Yeah.  At least it's not tomorrow, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some day you will laugh about it. I hope you take a good picture of it. Your morning sounds like my typical school morning. Trying to talk kid - ok, mostly one kid, into going to school.

Texas Tingey said...

Oh Crystal......what a day. Those are the kinds of days that you have to sit and literally start counting your blessings. Then you realize, that even though what you are going through really stinks, it could be worse. And although that only makes you feel better for a second, a second is better than nothing. In the mean time, A big shout out to ya that every mommy out there feels your pain. And I hope things get better....soon. Just don't forget to pray about how to help her. I forget about that source of help a lot and really, it is the greatest source of help we have in raising these children.
Good Luck!!
ps we are not evacuating. Pray for us that if the power goes out, they will get it back on quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you that Ethan had a melt down when I went to leave him at school the other day, holding on to me for dear life. His teacher finally bribed him with candy to stay. I was soooo embarrassed. Happens to us all.

Hawkins Crew said...

Aw yes i remember the hair cut days. side note,had a good visit with your mom and dad the other night. hope the new job gose better than the hair and school thing has. other side note you probley have done somthing by now but if not call abby i'll bet she would help

Pugh Family said...

Well, that sure sounds like a lot of stress- and you handled it very well! Good Job Mom!