CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update...

So, I'm doing much better.  My thyroid hormones (which had gotten extremely low) are now "approaching normal" again and I'm off all the meds.  Hopefully my thyroid is healing from the viral attack sooner than they thought and everything is leveling out already.  I go back in for another blood test to check my levels in 4 weeks.  Which, by the way, is very nice because I've been going in every week for the last 3 weeks for blood tests and all of my veins are blown now.  Hopefully they will have time to heal before I go in again in a month.


In other news, I'm also doing better with the whole "we're not adopting anymore" thing.  My kids are awesome and I can be a really good mom to the three of them.  Another thing that is helping is that we're working on something for me to focus my OCD brain on so I'm not obsessing over not having a baby.  I'm going to go back to school to finally get my degree.  I've been accepted to WGU (a really cool, totally accredited online university that Bryan and Matt got their degrees from) and start the first of August.  The last hurdle is financial aid, which I should find out if I'm getting any soon.  But it's looking good and I'm really excited.  I should be able to finish in 2-3 years depending on how much I remember from my previous college classes (that were at least 8 years ago, I feel soooo old).  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal - that is great. I hope to finish my degree soon too. I hate that I started something and never finished. Good for you!

Mindy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like things are going well. Good job to go back to school :)

De'dy Meng said...

I have not been much into the blogging world lately. I want to say sorry for what has been going on with you. I am glad things are starting to go better for you. That is exciting about school! You will do great.