I saw this story on a local news site today. I, personally, think that this is going too far, but tell me what you guys think.
ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say seven people attending high school graduations in Rock Hill are facing charges after police say they cheered while students' names were being called.
Authorities say six people at Fort Mill High School's graduation were charged Saturday and a seventh at the graduation for York Comprehensive High School was charged Friday with disorderly conduct.
Police say those arrested yelled after students' names were called while diplomas were handed out.
A police spokesman says school officials request police patrols to prevent graduation disruptions that include standing, hollering and clapping.
He says those attending the commencements are told their behavior can be prosecuted.
Rock Hill is about 70 miles north of Columbia, South Carolina.
Authorities say six people at Fort Mill High School's graduation were charged Saturday and a seventh at the graduation for York Comprehensive High School was charged Friday with disorderly conduct.
Police say those arrested yelled after students' names were called while diplomas were handed out.
A police spokesman says school officials request police patrols to prevent graduation disruptions that include standing, hollering and clapping.
He says those attending the commencements are told their behavior can be prosecuted.
Rock Hill is about 70 miles north of Columbia, South Carolina.
I mean, come on!! I know that it is sort of annoying for people to clap and cheer while everyone is trying to get through the line and get their diplomas, but really, CRIMINAL CHARGES?
5 comments:
Hey Crystal! It's so good to see what you've been up to! Your family is adorable and your home is beautiful! We should definately arrange a get together! Are you going to the reunion on the 21st?
good to see the family. Maybe I need to get a blog...
will y'all be coming to the family reunion at the cabin next month?
Melissa - We're not sure. Bryan is really busy at work right now, but I will be coming down with the kids sometime the first couple weeks of July for sure. Angie will be having her baby (yes, Angie, Tiffany, and my friend Jenny are all due the same week!) and I promised her I would come down for the birth. Hopefully we can see everyone then!
ummm.......I think they are a little insane. For goodness sake, they are teenagers. Criminal Charges are a bit dramatic. I think it is all silliness.
Kicking them out of the graduation would have been sufficient, don't ya think?
As I was reading the article, I thought to myself, 'this has got to be a joke'. But, then there was never a haahaa. Maybe somebody needs to remind the ones pressing charges that there are lots more things out there that need the time and attention of our police officers, than some cheering at a graduation ceremony.
Post a Comment