CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Where's A Good Rogue When You Need One.....

First off, since we are going to be foster parents, we have a keyed lock on our laundry room door because that is where we keep all of the cleaners, medications, etc.  This morning, Ashley comes in our room and says her toe is bleeding and she needs a band-aid.  I look at the clock with blurry eyes and see that it is 6 a.m., so I don't even question her need for the band-aid, and just get up to get her one so that I can go back to sleep.  Now back to the laundry room door,  which stays locked all the time with the keys high on the wall by the door, and which I need to go through to be able to get the band-aid, and the keys?  Nope, they aren't on the wall.  I vaguely remember Ashley taking them out of the lock last night while I was getting her some Dimetapp for her allergies and handing them to me, and me putting them on the counter inside the laundry room.  GRRRRRRR!  So, I try the credit card break-in method.  No dice.  I tell Bryan what has happened, and we decide that in lieu of breaking down the door, we will call a locksmith (since we don't know any rogues).  So, I go about my business of the morning, since I'm now frustrated and completely awake, and wait until I can call for a locksmith.  About a half-hour later, Bryan asks me where the credit card is that I was using to try to open the door, and he takes a stab at it.  What do you know?  Bryan gets the door open!  I guess I do know a rogue!

1 comments:

Texas Tingey said...

LOL!! Sorry, I just have to laugh!