CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Historic Day...

I just wanted to try to express the feelings that I had last night as I watched our country make an historic decision. I literally started crying when it was announced that Senator Barack Obama had won the presidential election. I was so proud to be an American at that moment as we showed the world how far we have come. I was also so very proud to be a part of the decision that made Senator Barack Obama into President-Elect Barack Obama. Even more so, I was proud to share that with my children. They were with me in the voting booth as I cast my ballot in this momentous election, even if they were crawling around on the floor! Even Ashley was there. She was sick and stayed home from school, but it was just way too important to vote. So I felt horrible dragging her along as miserable as she felt, but I knew that when she was older, it would be so important for me to be able to tell her that I voted in the 2008 Presidential Election, and that she was right there with me along with Gavin and Cierra. I am so very proud to be an American, and come January, I will be proud to call Barack Obama my President!!

0 comments: