CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

How Do I Love Thee...

Since today is Valentine's day, I thought I would dedicate a post to my wonderful husband.  We've been married for 9 1/2 years today, and there are many reasons why I loved him then, but I want to talk about some of the reasons why I still love him all these years later.


Bryan is an awesome dad.  He isn't just a father, he's a dad.  He cares about them, loves them, plays with them (you should see him on the trampoline with all of them!), gives them hugs and kisses, teaches them, protects them, and so much more.  He is a great dad.

He is the Yin to my Yang.  I'm sure that he has had many times over the last decade where he asked himself "What did I get myself into????".  I have a habit of freaking out at every little thing, but he stays calm and tries to calm me down.  He is really patient with me.

Bryan goes to work every day so that his family is taken care of and I can stay home with our kids.  This means so much to us.  Plus, he is awesome at his job, and his boss knows it.

Every Saturday morning he takes care of the kids and lets me sleep in.  I can't tell you how great it is after taking care of the munchkins all week to get a break, and he gives me that break.

He really loves children and wants to help them.  This is one of the reasons we are doing foster/adopt.  He is passionate about helping kids who are hurt and need some stability while their parents get better.  To see him talk about it, you can see the conviction and love for these kids in his eyes.  It makes me love him even more.

The night before he went in for ankle surgery he brought me tulips and some candy for Valentine's day because he knew he wouldn't be up and around today.  It was just so sweet.

Bryan, these are just a few of the reasons why I am still in love with you after all this time.  It hasn't always been easy, but we have grown closer through those hard times and our love has grown stronger.  I'm so glad that you are the one I picked to spend eternity with.  I love you!

2 comments:

Pugh Family said...

AWWWWW! When did Bryan have Ankle surgery?

s said...

sounds like a winner!