CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Not the Flu

You know that "flu" that I had a little over a week ago that I said was so horrible?  Well, it wasn't the flu.  A couple of days after the flu symptoms went away I started getting a rash.  Then the next day the twins both got a rash, and my rash was all over my body and every one of my joints hurt.  I took the twins to the pediatrician, and after they sent a nurse out to the car to make sure it wasn't chicken pox, we saw a nurse practitioner who diagnosed us all with Fifth Disease!  Apparently I never had it when I was a child.  We figured out that the rash Ashley had in January was Fifth, and that is where the rest of us got it.  The kids weren't bothered by it at all, in fact Ashley never even had a low grade fever!  But it is very different for adults, apparently.  Joint aches are common for adults that get Fifth (the stairs were killer!!!!), and although adults don't usually get the rash, mine was all over.  So, that is what was up with my "flu", and now we are all over it, and Bryan didn't get it (YAY!!).  And now I know what a "lacy rash" looks like.

2 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

Poor girl, I am so sorry :( Will it go away quickly in adults, or you suffer longer than kids do?? I wish I were closer so I could help out more.. but all I can offer you is our prayers.

Lacey Lu said...

Glad ya'll are doin' better!!
Daniel (My Hubby) turned to me and said, "you had a rash?" lol, I told him no...but we got a kick out of it...the lacy rash is however spelled different than my name.
Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!